Many of you may not have had to do this yet but today I encountered a situation where I needed to unpair my Apple Watch so that I could pair my new Apple Watch with my iPhone.
Why do I have a new Apple Watch? If you care to find out watch the video below. If you want to know the process, you can watch the video or just check out the steps below.
Steps to Un-Pair and Pair a new Apple Watch
- On your iPhone launch the Apple Watch App
- Tap on Apple Watch
- Tap on Unpair Apple Watch
- Tap on Unpair Apple Watch again.
- The iPhone will now Unpair the currently paired Apple Watch (Note: This will restore the Apple Watch to factory settings and will wipe all of your data from the watch. The Apple Watch appears to go through a cycle of restoring and then reinstalling the software.)
- After the Unpair process has completed, you can pair the new Apple Watch just as you did before.
- You will be prompted if you want to use the Apple Watch as a new watch or restore from backup. If you want to restore the watch to the settings you had previously along with any apps and data then go ahead and restore from backup.
- That’s it, after your new watch has finished pairing it will finish up by syncing all of your apps.
Hope this was useful to someone. If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a comment. Don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel.
Latest posts by 0xCF (see all)
- Connecting to a Cisco Router Console port from a Mac - November 20, 2015
- New YouTube Channel - May 28, 2015
- Un-Pairing an Apple Watch to Pair a New Apple Watch - May 21, 2015